14 June 2017
About radiotherapy during Ruhr Talks
At the beginning of June, experts from across Europe took part in an interdisciplinary radiology conference in Gelsenkirchen. The representatives of the Amethyst Radiotherapy group also participated in this event.
Ruhr Talks is a prestigious international radiology conference held this year on 9-10 of June 2017 in Gelsenkirchen. The main topic of conference was the intensity modulated high-precision irradiation, stereotactic radiotherapy and image-guided adaptive brachytherapy. Traditionally, the meeting was of an interdisciplinary nature, participants were able to participate in a variety of lectures and discussion panels and talk to international experts.
This trade meeting was organized by prof. Razvan Galalae, medical director of Amethyst Radiotherapy, also the leader of the scientific sessions. During the conference, other specialists from the Amethyst Radiotherapy group and other members of the medical management gave their presentations: Prof. Anca Grosu, prof. Guy Storme, prof. Gabriel Kacso or dr. Marcin Hetnał. The lectures were focused on the history and future of radiotherapy, as well as on various cancer treatments and their results. Below you will find some of the topics discussed:
• Dr. Marcin Hetnał (Medical Director of the Amethyst Center in Cracow): "Stereotactic radiotherapy in lung cancer - technique, own results and future trial proposals"
• Prof. Guy Storme (University Hospital UZ in Brussels): "Oligometastatic disease - five year results of a personalized treatment strategy"
• Prof. Anca Grosu (University Hospital Freiburg): "Five year results of the PET-trial trial - a future reference study?"
• Prof. Gabriel Kacso (Medical Director of the Amethyst Center in Cluj-Napoca): "External beam pelvic radiotherapy combined with High-Dose-Rate image-guided adaptive brachytherapy (HDR-IGABT) boost for prostate cancer"
• Prof. Jarosław Kużdżał (John Paul II Krakow Specialist Hospital): "Palliative management in thoracic oncology".